Synchronicity & Coincidence - Temple Bruer
Power and Influence Within the Pentacle
|Templar Mechanics Intro:
I decided to post this article here because it once again shows the power and influence of people and families connected strongly within the area depicted by the geometry.
Blankney church forms the main pentacle shoulder line, the Chaplain family’s church….and later the estate of Lord Londesborough , who incidentally was involved with the Temple Bruer excavations , and the Green man Inn where he was said to have had a house.
Its also interesting to note that near the site of the right arm of the pentacle,….(Where the Nocton Priory /Westborough church line meets the Blankney/Carlton le Moorland church line) ….We have the Green man Inn at the start of Green man Wood at the end of Green Man Lane…where an exclusive group would meet ( The Lincoln Club) consisting of very influential people.
The Manners family mentioned below as members originated from Belvoir castle, their main home, but built a magnificent hall at Bloxholm , which also plays its part in several ways in the geometry.
Robert and Samuel Dashwood are also mentioned as members, it would be interesting to know if these ‘Dashwoods’ are related to Sir Francis Dashwood who built the inland lighthouse, Dunston Pillar slightly to the north of Green Man wood.
Francis Dashwood was the founder of the notorious ‘Hell fire’ club whose members included Benjamin Franklin and were heavily involved in the occult and practiced various rituals. Dashwood built exclusive caves into the hillside at his estate in West Wycombe for this very purpose.
So, Not only does the occultist John Dee become rector at a church involved in the geometry at Leadenham, but so does occultist Sir Francis Dashwood with the pillar he built on Dunston Heath. …links to more royalty through the estate at Nocton, which he owned for a while.
This is also near to the site of the Augustinian priory, which marks the alignment which crosses at Green Man wood…and forms one of the main lines of the pentacle’s geometry.
How Odd?…coincidence? or is something else at work here?
Interestingly the Green Man icon is also linked to Bacchus icon which it is said Dashwood worshipped or at the very least was in awe of.
With all these established links to royalty and power and the positioning of the places of interest where they met, could it be the pentacle was known/ has been known about for a long time?…..and is it still known about today?
Why are famous occultists like John Dee and Sir Francis Dashwood turning up at influential points / places within the geometry.
Why are the place names such as Green Man wood placed so strategically in relation to the right arm of the pentacle where these elite meetings took place?
There is also a story of a hanging tree being at the site !
Here is the great article from MACLA….link to site can be found on links page.
The Green Man Inn, which stands on the A15 at its minor junction with the Green Man Lane (to Navenby), is now a private dwelling but has an interesting past.
There have been suggestions that in days gone by it was a staging post for travellers moving between Lincoln and London . Also it is thought it was used as a Court Room in days gone by.
This description was taken from the “Gentlemans’ Magazine of 1786 (p.837).
The LINCOLN CLUB, GREEN MAN INN, BLANKNEY .
The Green Man is a small inn, eight miles from Lincoln, on the London road, is situated in the parish of Blankney, and belongs to Charles Chaplin, of Blankney Esq.
The Green Man Inn, 1870
From the sign which represents a man dressed in a suit of green, one should suppose that it was originally kept by a servant of the family, probably the gamekeeper or huntsman, and thence derived the appellation of The Green Man.
About the year 1741, the club room, 30 feet by 18, with lodging-rooms and garrets, were added by Thomas Chaplin, Esq., and a bowling-green and summer-house were placed contiguous thereto.
The busts of the principal members of the club (cast in plaster) with the arms and names of each painted on an escutcheon, within a medallion, are as follows:-
Lord Monson of Burton . 1st Baron (cr. 1728 - d. 1748).
Lord Robert Manners of Bloxholm. Son of 2nd Duke of Rutland. M.P. Kingston-on-Hull 1747-1780). A General Officer in the Army. Buried at Bloxholme 1782; aged 64.
Lord Sherard Manners; brother of above. M.P. Tavistock 1741. d. 1741/2
Lord Charles Manners; another brother, d.1761
Lord Vere Bertie of Branston; son of 1 st Duke of Ancaster, and his 2nd wife. M.P. Boston (1741-1747). d. 1768.
Lord Tyrconnel of Belton; Sir John Brownlow. Bart. Created Baron and Viscount 1718, d. 1754.
Thomas Whichcot of Harpswell. M.P. Lincs (1741-1768). d. 1776.
John Chaplin of Blankney; son and heir of above named Squire Thomas. d. 1764.
Charles Chaplin of Blankney; probably a younger brother of John.
Robert Dashwood, brother of Samuel Dashwood of Wells.
Thomas Noel. M.P. Rutland (1727-1784)
Bent Noel; borther of above, Colonel 43 rd Regt.
A bust within a name or arms. Eight medallions without busts or names.
The inn was kept by Charles Bott, Victualler.
The Green Man was a meet for the Blankney hounds which King Edward, then Prince of Wales, attended March 1 st, 1870 ; the Illustrated London News of March 12 th had a full page picture of the Meet on p.81.
This article raises some questions aboutthe fate of the Green Man. Perhaps you can help?
• The last known victualler at the Inn (taken from the 1871 census) was a William Smith and his wife Susanna. The 1881 census suggests the premises were uninhabited in 1881 and Smith and family had moved to live at Scopwick, where he was a cottager (of 25 acres). When did the Green Man cease to be an Inn?
• Whites 1842 Directory for Blankney suggested The Lincoln Club was established about 1741 as a club for the most distinquished gentlemen of the county. Where did it go after the Inn closed?
• It is suggested the Lincoln races were held close to the Inn until 1771 – on the Lincoln Heath – but where?
• Would the Races that took place there include the Lincolnshire Handicap because before “The Lincoln” moved to Doncaster in 1965 it was held at the Lincoln (Carholme) Racecourse which opened in 1771?
• When was the first Lincolnshire Handicap held?
If you can help with any of the above questions then please contact local historian, Pete Ford.
This article is from the Metheringham Area Community Leisure Association. Many thanks to MACLA for allowing Templar Mechanics to post it here.
This site is © 2008-2011 Templar Mechanics. All rights reserved. Materials must not be reproduced without prior consent of Templar Mechanics. Any unauthorised reproduction or copying of its content will result in legal action being taken.
For all enquiries, please e-mail email@example.com